The Rubicon is a student literary journal published by the English Department of Troy University in collaboration with the Department of Art and Design on the Troy campus. The journal is run by students, and it publishes original works by Troy University students.
Click here to see the student-group constitution of The Rubicon.
We use the following as general guidelines in terms of the submissions we accept. In some cases, exceptions to these rules are acceptable (just ask us!).
Procedure to submit material for consideration (do all of these):
- Submissions may include short stories, poems, literary essays, short plays, and nonfiction.
- Please submit no more than three works at a time.
- Prose submissions should not exceed 2,000 words.
- Poetry submissions should be limited to around 50 lines.
- Please include a signed Contributor Contract with each printed work submitted.
- No manuscripts can be returned or mail query answered unless accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Correspondence with authors generally is carried out via e-mail.
- Please transmit all submissions in a Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Monetary compensation will not be provided for published works.
- Submissions are accepted year round.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, e-mail the editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your work electronically to email@example.com.
- Deliver a printed copy of the work to Dr. Robertson in the English Department (Smith Hall, Room 184). If sending by regular mail, use this address:
501 University Avenue
Troy, AL 36082
- Include a signed contributor contract with each printed work that you submit.