ADE/CHD/EDU/PSE (CP) 6691, Hardware/Software Requirements|
- 386-class 33MHz PC (minimum -- Netscape and Internet Explorer run slowly on 386 PCs) -- 486-class 66MHz PC or Pentium-class (desirable).
- Printer (optional) -- needed only to print personal copies of lessons (if desired).
- 14.4 KB Modem (minimum) -- 28.8 KB or faster Modem (desirable).
- Student must provide:
- Microsoft or Macintosh operating system.
- Word Processing software -- for written assignments and tests.
- Students MUST have access to the internet and possess an active account with an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
NOTE: Some internet accounts have limits on time and server space (for email, etc.). When such limits are exceeded, the ISP usually charges an additional fee to the user.
Troy University Montgomery Campus will NOT be responsible for any internet service charges incurred by students as a result of taking this or any TSUM internet-based course.
- Students enrolled in CEP 6691, will be able to download:
- Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer Software
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Client
NOTE 2: Instruction for beginners on the use of mIRC is available on the course home page. Go there and click on the button labeled Internet Chat Sessions.
NOTE 3: Students should use email to submit assignments throughout the course. The instructor will periodically send information regarding chat sessions, etc., via email. So it is imperative that students have an email account somewhere and know how to use it.